I just had to make sure to get this story down. To tell Codey one day.
We have never talked to Codey about people's skin color because up to this point he really hasn't "seen color" in others. Sure, he knows people of other color, but I truly think he doesn't see it. Isn't this the way it should be?
Anyway, I had picked him and his buddy up from school the other day and his friend asked Codey if he had learned about Martin Luther King Jr. that day. When Codey responded no, his friend proceeded to tell him everything he had learned. Codey listened carefully (as did I to see how this would go) and when he concluded the story with how MLK Jr. was assassinated by a white person, Codey remained silent. His friend said, "Well you know MLK Jr. was black?"
Codey was silent and thinking and finally said, "Oh, you mean like a ninja?"
No comments:
Post a Comment