Sunday, January 2, 2011

Christmas Whirl

It started on Black Friday. A month of shopping, Christmas letters, parties, returning and shopping more, wrapping, visiting Santa, gingerbread making, advent calendars, countdown chains, searching for elf on the shelf, shopping, wrapping....and then in 12 hours it's a blur.
WE woke the kids up at 8. (When again when they start waking US up?) Codey asked for a few more minutes??!! Really? Cuz Santa just came!
Opening Santa's stockings and the stockings from Mimi and Papa in TX. Thanks Mimi and Papa!

Santa pulled through with the JLX Overdrive. C was pumped! (So excited in fact that I think he forgot he asked for a hamster too...thank goodness!)

Another fave of Codey's...the camo coveralls. He jumped on top of Dad and actually almost teared when he saw these.
Kyndal only asked for an Ariel doll. Santa went over and beyond and got ALL the princesses. Looks thrilled here I know. I didn't catch the right moment!
Thanking Codey for the baby bathtub he gave her. I think he got more points than Santa!
By 11 we were at Nana and Pa's ready for Round Two. (Lydia, Julia, Codey and Kyndal.) Liam was sleeping for the unwrapping madness.
I wish I had a picture to do this quilt justice. My aunt Louann has an amazing gift. AND Kyndal was SO giddy about it. There is not a word for it...I'm at a loss. BUT it is so special and SO appreciated. They are the perfect colors and prints that will age perfectly with her.
Liam wakes for lunch. I think about next Christmas. It will be so fun for him!
And, by 3:30 we were at Round Three. Troy's aunt and uncle's house in Emporia. 13 adults, 8 kids, a gazillion gifts, 5 yummy pies and a partridge in a pair tree.
The newlyweds...Chris and LaTanya...and their first Christmas.
Lorinda and David. The practical jokes between this joker and Troy start the minute we get there and never end.
LuCinda and Rick. If Troy ever left me, it would be for them! HA! She's the best cook and he is Troy's fishing/hunting BFF.
LaVonna and Gary. Love her new red hair. And Troy's other fishing buddy.
Me and my sweet pea.
Troy and his Aunt Lauma dancing to Silent Night.
We were gone by 9, home by 10:30...and ready to play with their new toys.
A blur....and worth every minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment