Monday, January 10, 2011

And Him, lately...

And for Mr. Codey, there are several things that come to mind when I think about him lately... (above pic on his 5 1/2 b'day)...
First, the academia. I'm not sure if it is that he has entered Kindergarten or if he is to be a man of useless facts, but he is sooooo interested in silly facts and in numbers. Troy and I like to think that he has inherited our nerdy math heads. He really can do some crazy math...constantly asking us if we know sums of 2 numbers...asking Kyndal too. He likes to count by 5's, 10's, 20's, 50's.
And then the oh-so-interesting tidbits he knows about animals and dinosaurs. I wish I could say I was listening so well that I could tell you here how long a Brontosaurus's neck is or how many teeth an average shark has, but he could tell you. If he starts a sentence with, "Did you know...?" you can be assured that you are going to learn something with a number in it....how long a whale stays underwater, how fast a dinosaur can run, how many dads it would take to be as tall as a certain dinosaur.
Obviously, he prefers the nonfiction books. Dad and I groan a bit when we tell him to pick out books at night...looking to enjoy a little Cat in the Hat...and he comes back with the Underwater Dictionary of Sharks and Whales! We love him for it though. Maybe he'll win his million on Jeopardy!

No comments:

Post a Comment