Friday, January 7, 2011

Lately...

I used to be so good at writing in the baby books, then I was good at journaling in their scrapbooks, then I had a little book that I wrote in. Just the little "things" they do and say that you don't want to forget. I realize that the blog should serve this purpose too...to archive things I don't ever want to forget. I resolve in 2011 to record the little things that I never want to forget.
Kyndal:
She has us in stitches lately. This is mostly because of her new habit of abbreviating...or in her sense...just shortening her words. Everyday we hear some like these: "I need to go pots." (I need to go potty.) "Let's go get a cook." (Let's go get a cookie.) "I want to wear my sparks today." (I want to wear my sparkling shoes." And next time you are around her, ask her to say "pink flamingo" or "sweet niblets." Two expressions that sound so cute.
Also, we are no longer Mom and Dad. We are Troy and Britt...or Brrrrittttttttnnnney if she is really trying to get my attention. What's wrong with Mom and Dad?
And, our 3 year little girl who has NEVER wanted to watch TV is now obsessed with High School Musical Two! Whenever we have some downtime, she asks. She can sing along and knows some of the words. She points to the cheerleaders and says, "One of those is Kyndal." Not Sesame Street, Noggin, or NickKids...just HSMII.
Another good story. The other day she dropped something in her room and said, "Oh Shut." Yes with a 'u' not an 'i'. Later in the day after being disappointed in Codey she said, "Oh Shut" again. Then she just looks at me for a response. Cute, but not going to encourage it.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE it! Don't you just wish you had a video recorder going all the time? Then at night you could just go through and erase the parts you didn't want to save forever... I think I'll work on that. :)

    ReplyDelete