
Last year Troy's best friend (center below) from high school had quadruple bypass surgery. Great guy, was in great shape, just bad genes!! Fortunately, surgery went well and he asked his buddies to rally for the next year and train with him for the Austin Triathlon. Troy was pumped and trained diligently (pretty diligently!) for this Memorial Day event. It conveinently timed well with Troy's nephew's graduation in Dallas and a much needed family trip to SeaWorld in San Antonio (pics to come soon.)
Chris, Troy, Travis, Stan and Brian

We busted our buns to make it to the starting line to wish them luck and see them off. So glad we did.

Love the city of Austin. The skyline made for a great backdrop for the race.


I was glad I had my heavy duty lens to zoom in and find Troy (waving)...

although I quickly lost him!!!

The kids were relatively patient considering the length of the race, the intense walking and triple digit heat index!!

We were proud (and lucky) to see Troy exit the water about the 5th guy!

We couldn't move fast enough to see him bike so we opted for a snow cone and some shade instead!!

I wish there had been more warning that the athlete you wanted to see was about to cross the finish line. With all the spectators, I saw him about a 1/2 second before I snapped the shot. We still yelled loud for him!

The kids were proud of their daddy. They are also smiling because they know they can get out of this heat now!!!

Pretty cool that this event benefits the Wounded Warrior Project. Troy was able to honor a dear friend, of our dear friend Brad serving now in Afghanistan.

Although Troy did the amateur lengths for this race, he says he is "hooked" and is already signed up for a local race next month!
Looks like a good time and Troy is definitely to be commended for his efforts. I especially like the group pic of the boys. If you had told them in high school to dress up in full-length speedos and get together for a picture, I wonder what the response would have been then... :)
ReplyDelete