Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Angry Birds

After turning my nose at Codey's requests to have his 6th bday party at Chuck E. Cheese, Power Play and Pump It Up, he mentioned an Angry Bird Party. Fabulous! Perfect! I don't have to fork out hundreds of dollars at one of those places.
Conveniently a friend had had a similar party for her son, so we copied some ideas and borrowed some materials. I called Nana and asked for a little assistance in sewing some Angry Birds. I should've said "a lot of assistance" as we logged quite some time on these devilish little guys!!
The bags: easy and fun to make. The birds: NOT!
Thankfully Barb at Barb's Kolache, with an internet picture since she was unaware of what the angry bird was, agreed to make the cake. I wasn't about to attempt that and figured my favors were up with Nana!! Didn't she do an awesome job! I know!
Codey was more than pleased with the whole package. Here he is with the pigs and structures to knock down.
Good buddy Mason...
Buds Cody, Zack and Carson getting pumped for the Hunt for the Golden Egg.
Along with Ian, Foster and Tate....
Ready, Set, Hunt....
The last egg found was the well hidden Golden Egg....big winner Ty!
Kyndal got shipped off for the event, but her sweet friend Erin made the party with her big brother!
Station one: play Angry Birds on the real screen. (Codey, Brant, Carson, Ian)
Station two: (not pictured) Angry Bird dart game.
Station Three: Catapult your bird and kill the pigs!

Of course, present time...
And last but not least...cake time! 6! Ahhhh, I can't take it!
Filler: a good game of Austin Powers. Yeah Baby!
Love my Angry Birds!

1 comment: