BTW, the doctor commented after completing his work that Codey was the most fabulous patient he has ever had. I was proud of my little man that was completely still and didn't cry at all the entire time. What a champ!
Saturday, December 19, 2009
Frequent Flyer
So I hear that after three trips to the ER, the 4th time is free. That is what we are banking on anyway after our 3rd...yes 3rd trip to the ER. It's bad when the nurse recognizes you when you walk in the door. Although the last visit was for Kyndal, this was Codey's 2nd trip in his short 4.5 years of life. The first, as some may recall, was a bad encounter with a refrigerator at Home Depot. The second happened last night at our friend's house. The kids were not even being rambunctious and Codey tripped over his buddy's foot and his chin landed perfectly square on the corner of a wooden trundle bed. The meeting was so perfect on the tip of his chin that his skin split 3 ways to form a perfect "Y" shape. Eleven stitches later Codey was joking with the nurses and doctor and was so proud that he beat Kyndal's "8" stitches 3 months ago! Please tell me that 24 stitches between 2 kids in 4 years is permission to be excused for a long time. Please!!

BTW, the doctor commented after completing his work that Codey was the most fabulous patient he has ever had. I was proud of my little man that was completely still and didn't cry at all the entire time. What a champ!
BTW, the doctor commented after completing his work that Codey was the most fabulous patient he has ever had. I was proud of my little man that was completely still and didn't cry at all the entire time. What a champ!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh my gosh! Poor little man!
ReplyDeleteSo brave not to cry.
Still breaks my heart though.
I bet Santa is exra sweet to Cody this year... ;)
Ok, here is a little irony. Benjamin had an accident yesterday too and I almost called you as my resident authority on when to actually go to the doctor!! Little did I know you were having another go at the whole experience. So sorry to hear about Codey's fall. But I have to say, stitches and all, your kids are still pretty cute! Hope you are all recovering!
ReplyDelete