Tuesday, November 17, 2009

SO old!

My four year old thinks he is SO old. SO old that he should be able to get his own phone to call Carson and Brant. SO old that he thinks he doesn't need to be watched while riding his bike outside. SO old that he thinks he should be "The Boss" sometimes at home. But mostly, SO old that he should be able to stay up as late as Mom and Dad everynight.
So, every night he stalls. "Just a few more minutes...just one more book...I'm hungry...I need a glass of water...I need to go potty, again...Will you sing one more song....Will you rub my back...You forgot to say prayers...What are our plans for tomorrow..." The list goes on and on.
One night he came down and told Dad he really wanted to watch football with him. Dad caved. And about 2 minutes later...

Other nights he sneaks down over and over and we send him back up. Many nights we think he has responsibly returned to bed. And then on our way up the stairs we find him here....

I'm glad to know he is not SO big that he doesn't need his sleep.

2 comments:

  1. LOL! love Codey sleeping on the stairs. I think I've felt that tired before... but our stairs aren't carpeted.

    ReplyDelete