Thursday, August 13, 2009

Toe Jam Phobia: Conquered

From the beginning of time, Kyndal has battled with Toe Jam Phobia.
My fear: Will I have a girly girly prissy girl who can't hang with this family and get dirty?
Whenever her socks came off, she would grab her feet and dig in. Dig to get all the fuzzies out from between her toes. Diaper changes are easy because she grabs her feet and gets busy.

"Do not put me in the grass. Do not put me in the sand. Especially bare foot. I don't want sand or dirt or grass or mulch or mud or anything on my feet or in my shoes. I will not walk on grass or mulch or sand. You must carry me or I will stand there and cry with my hands up!
If dirt gets in my shoes, we must stop all activity and take off my shoes and fix the problem.

I don't care if I'm missing fun time at the playground, I must I must I must get it out.


Don't even talk to me about sand. Why God created such an awful substance is beyond me. Urghhh!"
Now after numerous trips to our friend's beach (all of which I was carrying her on my hip) and 10 minutes before we were going to leave, Kyndal gives in. She gives in to the feeling of the sand between her toes, under her feet, in her hands, in her hair, in her bathing suit and in her diaper. She gave in and she giggled, and laughed and threw sand and mushed it between her toes and fingers. She loved it! My hip says thank you.

Conquered!


No comments:

Post a Comment