Wednesday, August 19, 2009

A First and a Half

How come whenever you say "first" it is followed by an "ahhhh" (and usually tears too, in my case!) First smile, first giggle, first steps. TODAY was the first day of Codey's 4-year old preschool. How big does he look? I know, right! I can't take it. Don't blink...it is going to fast.


He was excited to be back in school...and wear his new shoes...and bring his sister with him!

Last week when realizing Kyndal would start her FIRST day of Kid's Day Out, I kind of wanted to throw up. Even though she is a bit older than Codey was when he started. No way! I asked, "Do you want to go to school today?" She said a sweet little, "no." I asked "How big are you?" She answered below:

She IS big. But big enough to leave me all day long? Surely not. (And yes, tears did flow at the drop off...pretty sure her tears and mine.)


Here is Codey with his buddies Carson and Mason outside school. It's hard to picture the same crew before kindergarten, 1st, 2nd....yikes!


Question: Will my boy still kiss me next year? The next? The next? When do they stop wanting to kiss their mommies? Tell me never! Please!

By the way, I titled this "A First and a Half" because my littlest baby only made it through 1/2 of her FIRST day. It's not a bad thing that she would rather be with her mommy, right?






1 comment:

  1. Absolutely not!! I think a baby prefering to be with me with probably be one of the greatest days of my life. I'm always a little giddy inside when they get kicked out of church nursery at the beginning because I know only mom can make it better. So, enjoy it while you can! Gotta tell you though, they BOTH look pretty grown up in those pictures...

    ReplyDelete