Game went something like this: End of regulation time was tied 6-6. At this point they put each team on the 10 and give them a chance to score. End of OT#1, both teams scored AND got the extra point. Score 13-13. End of OT#2, no scoring. Score 13-13. The opponent doesn't score for the 3rd OT. (We are about to enter hour 3 of this game.) First 3 downs, QB Codey #12 hands off the ball and the running back's flag gets pulled immediately. 4th down now. Above, Codey looks back at coach. Ready for the last attempt at this game.
Below, ready to go...
The photographer loses the ball (and Codey) in the chaos.
Never practiced, but Coach called for a quarterback sneak. And Codey sneaked right through to the end zone. You can see the coach's excitement!! Notice Codey is jumping up and down!
Teammate launches on Codey out of excitement!
Other teammates come in for some chest bumps...(and Codey does NOT want to let go of that ball!)
Here come more to pound on him!
Still can't let go of that ball. Wish I could have kept his "first touchdown" football! Bet he wishes too!
I have to admit, I had a couple tears. It was so fun to watch. We were so proud of him. We were even more proud to listen to him tell the story to Nana and Pa and hear him give credit to his team for blocking the opponents to let him through the line!
His size might not let him play football forever, but he sure is loving it right now. (As much as Mom hated to see him start football, I have to admit I'm loving it too!)

No comments:
Post a Comment