Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Dear Mom,

Dear Mom,
Please forgive me for all the times I griped about what we were having for dinner. I'm sorry for the nights I didn't want to eat the dinner that you so nicely prepared. I know you worked all day and had to prepare in advance or rush home to get dinner going so that we could all sit down for a nice family dinner almost every night. I know you had to plan, grocery shop, chop, bake, clean, prepare plates, cut food, etc. so that we all had a healthy meal. I'm sorry for that one time I ate Burger King with my friends right before dinner and didn't tell you and therefore didn't eat the meal you had prepared me. I'm sorry for the times you had to ask me over and over and over and over to eat the food on my plate and for the times you had to threaten my dessert or playing outside unless I finished my food. For what it is worth at my age, I'm sorry!
Sincerely with love, Brittney
PS. I get payback on this almost every single night of my life!!!! The best was the other night when Codey said as he sat as his chair, "This food looks so gross, like throw up. I think I might vomit!" You can imagine how well I received that!

1 comment:

  1. Ok. I have to admit, I laughed right out loud on that one. Why is it always so much funnier when it happens to someone else? Because I can guarantee you, dinner is my least favorite time of the day. So glad to know we are not the only ones with "struggles". :)

    ReplyDelete