Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Wine Country

We were lucky enough this last month to enjoy a reward trip to San Fran and Napa.
We spent a night in San Fran before moving on to the wine country. I curse myself again for only bringing my simple, point and shoot camera. I missed out on what could have been some awesome pictures.
Here is Calistoga Ranch hidden in the lush countryside. It used to be a campground!
It offered a very private beautiful escape.





Troy's favorite part...the outdoor shower...





I was ignorant I guess. I had no idea that the roadsides would be so densly packed with vineyard after vineyard. An insane amount. Mile after mile...for what seemed like forever. And all of them beautiful.
We had fun, drank some wine and enjoyed the gang.

Took a hike with some pretty awesome views...even with the rain!
We saw crazy amounts of barrels, winemaking and caves. And a goofball.




Rutherford Hill...
We blended our own bottle of wine and corked it ourself...Troy's demo.



One thing is for sure, companies can be successful by patting their employees on the back. By showing their appreciation, they keep employees happy, they tighten the networks and friendships across the country, and keep loyal hard workers for years. Thanks Standard. We are grateful.

1 comment:

  1. Wow.

    Napa is one of our favorite places on earth. Just looking at all your pictures makes me want to book a trip pronto.

    So glad it was fun ...

    You look amazing, B!

    ReplyDelete