Troy and I battled the entire week before deciding Codey was mature enough to handle a turkey hunting trip with the boys. All those things you say you will never do when you are a mom...well, yes, this was one of them. "My children will never touch a gun." This is a BB gun by the way before you freak out. AND Uncle Ricky is the best person to be helping him here.
Codey must have said "I KNOW MOM" at least 100x before he left. You can imagine all that I said to get that response.

Much better sport here below in my opinion. And, he is becoming quite good we must say.

Lookin' good in their camo.

Hmmm, so so sweet.

Troy and Codey walking into the ground blind.

We told him that he
might get a little bored staring out a window looking for birds!
Time for a little Dino Squad!!

Dad woke Codey up at 5 am to start their hunt and said, "Look buddy, it's still dark out. Are you ready to go turkey hunting?" Codey said, "Yeah, but I want to sleep for one more minute!"
Once in the blind, he did get a little more shut-eye.

Uncle David, Harrison, Uncle Ricky and Codey. Good ol' boys.

Serious hunters.
I
got over the worry and fear. I
got excited about how my husband loves to do things with his children and how he loves to share his passions. That is what it is really all about.
No comments:
Post a Comment