Looking for a quick getaway out of KC? The Omaha Zoo made for the perfect 3 hour drive escape. We packed up for the night a couple weeks ago and made the trip. We stayed at a great Holiday Inn with an indoor pool/water park which gave the kids the chance to burn some energy off after the car ride. As you can see they enjoyed this part.

They ran laps. Daddy threw Kyndal up....high...really high!

Then they slept hard and we went to the zoo in the AM. Due to the early and extra cold fall arrival, we fought NO crowds at the zoo. Perfect time to see the zoo! I could go on and on about how fantastic this zoo is....how everytime you turn your head you see another animal...how you see so many
different animals than the typical zoo...how their habitats are so natural (and don't make me as sad as other zoos)...how the zoo is so well organized and visitor friendly. I could go on, but you just have to see it for yourself. But I will tell you that I would much rather drive 3 hours to see this one than 45 minutes to see the KC Zoo.
I have so many close ups of so many animals (b/c we WERE so close to them) but I'll just leave this tiger for you. It is still more fun to post my kids than the animals.

A whole lotta monkeys...


We could see every detail on this oh-so-humanlike gorilla.

Our good friends made the trip with us so the kids had a great time romping around with Rylee and Carson.

And...they have a super cool aquarium with sharks, sting rays, and more...

An awesome butterfly garden. Whoo, I could post a whole second entry on just the butterflies!!!


Codey was so excited to see the Rhinos. The zoo told us b/c of the weather we wouldn't be able to see them. Five minutes before leaving the zoo, Codey spotted one and was so proud. Codey was so enthralled, we had to buy a stuffed rhino before leaving...named him Knuckles!

Mom's favorite, the polar bear. We were able to see him eat his dinner of fish off the bottom. So incredible. Such amazing creatures.

Thoroughly impressed. Can't wait to go again next year!
Ditto about this Zoo. So worth it. So amazing. Maybe we can road trip together next year?
ReplyDelete