Friday, September 18, 2009

In His Little Head...

I always wonder what is going on in his little head. The things he says, the questions he asks, I love it. I love to think how innocent they are. I love to think that their biggest questions and concerns about life are oh so different than those we dwell over as adults.

Yesterday morning as he is eating breakfast: C-Mom, what would it be like on top of the clouds? Mom-Well buddy, we couldn't sit on top of the clouds, we would fall down. C-I mean, if we could sit on the clouds, would we be able to see God? Mom-That would be neat if we could buddy, but God is in a different place...far away. C-(After pondering a moment), Oh, He is really really far away....like in North Carolina? Mom-Yeah, somewhere like that.

Then yesterday afternoon we were making wishes while throwing coins in a fountain. He closed his eyes and threw in his coins. Then...C-Mom do you want to know what I wished for? Mom-Honestly yes, if you want to tell me. C-(closed his eyes and said) I wished I was the real blue power ranger, for real. And I wished I had lots and lots of vanilla icing to eat off a cupcake. Amen. (Yes, he really said Amen...Ha!)

Oh, how I only wish my 2 biggest wishes for him were really that simple.

1 comment: