Friday, May 13, 2011

Close Call

6:00 pm: While I'm cleaning up the kitchen tonight, Codey walks up to Kyndal and says, "Here Kyndal. You can have my blanket. I don't think I need to sleep with it anymore." (I had to recreate the picture above because of course I wasn't prepared for that so this is him giving it to her again.) I turned around to look at them. Kyndal said, "Mom, why do you look like you are crying?" I said that I couldn't believe that after 5 years and 357 days, my baby boy is done with his blanket. Codey just looked at me is disbelief and said, "Really Mom, I don't need it anymore." And he went on his way.

9:30 pm: While we were reading books and cuddling on Kydnal's bed, Codey said while starring straight into the book, "Kyndal, I'm sorry but I think I might need my blanket for just a few more nights." She said ok.

10:00 pm: see picture below.
Close call. He is not that grown up yet. Phewwww.

2 comments:

  1. How sweet! I still have my blanket and so do all of my kids:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa! Close call is right! Glad he renigged, Mom. Being six is bad enough. Being six AND getting rid of his blanket? That's just more than any mom should be asked to handle all at once. :)

    ReplyDelete